Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Scribbling Away !!



It has been an ideal holiday. I was looking forward to this and it has met my expectation to quite a degree which is not bad. I was first in Houston an now I am in Dallas. The best part is that i am not having to wear a sweater and a winter jacket. But did I have a problem with travelling with lot of things ? No way !! I am on a 11 dat trip and I am carrying luggage just about the amount i carried, whenj I came to US from India. Yes I know about the merits of travelling light but i did not know that greyhound makes you take off your luggage everytime you chnage a bus, In my case - 3 times. I also did not know that they take a stop at 2 am in some place and have a 2 hr layover there. Oh god !!!

But I should not complain. My sister tells me that she gets confused about why i am here ? To travel or study ? I would say I put in utmost effort to do the latter. What do you think makes me have huge bags ? Yes !! Books..lots of them and i have no clue now whne I shall even open them.

Next Monday this time I shall be on the greyhound again so i should not speak ill of it. I come from india and I have loved train and bus journeys. I have also enjoyed this one, in that sense. It was beautiful outside. In fact I got down at Louisville , KY and visited a beautiful cathedral there as well. That is my point, if there is a layover at some decent time one still might do something with it. Something fruitful.

Praying hard that it does not rain over the weekend because I plan to go to San Antonio.

1 Comments:

Blogger valley of flowers said...

dhori it is a wonderful thing to travel.. do not ever be unsure of it.. i am sure what u can can absorb on the entire journey is more than what u can in all your years at a university.

Yes the bus, tram journeys have made us what we are now I guess, stronger and more patient travellers.. calcuttans i am talking about.

Also don't worry about the books you are collecting..keep collecting them and you would definitely know when you need which book.. there would be signs I am sure.

It happened once that I was all confused and scared some months back and I was not able to find a reason for it. It had never happened ever and with an over critical mind I kept on assessing and reassessing what has gone wrong.. all those scientific studies about neurotransmitters and low endorphins...I was realising it in my brains...and believe me.. I had just bought the bhagvad gita.. from a reader's perspective not from a believer's then.. and then i tried to search for the root cause of all these unaccounted for fears.. and whenever i was in those acute doldrums...the very page i opened gave me a reason to be and pull myself up not once.. always..

So books are belief.. keep them handy and there is always a cooincidence..

12:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home