Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Misunderstanding Can Be So Rewarding


As I attended the feminist theory class today I realized that I had been submitting some thing on a regular basis that was completely optional.I had killed myself to get those submissions in on time and now I see that it was just 'coooool' if I did not submit them. So I misunderstood. But it was so rewarding because now a part of my final paper is done. Actually I can just about not put in any more hours in it and it is still ready. But I am so excited that now I have ample time to play around with it a little bit. I can make it more challenging.

As I was walking past the Shriver Centre today I heard a familiar ringtone. My first reliance phone had that ring tone and within a fleeting moment memories raced up and down my mind, as if competing with each other for primary attention. None got it, but a collage of happy-sad-boring-too exciting-affluent-poor days in Munirka Village got framed in my mind !!! It just made me smile .....sounds and smells - little do they know what powers they have.

4 Comments:

Blogger KL said...

Munirka village - now don't snide at me for asking, but where is it? It must be in WB (from the name), but in which zilla, parishad, etc? Really nice sounding name.

You are reading feminist theory. Good, you can hopefully answer lots of questions about feminism then. :). I shall ask you later.

9:12 PM

 
Blogger KL said...

I have sent you an orkut invitation :). I think you will get it in your gmail address. Hope to see you in orkut soon.

4:08 PM

 
Blogger Bhisma Chakrabarti said...

munirka.
and i am transferred to an evening of watching 'jassi jaisi koi nahin', all five/seven/eight of us in that room, on the small telly.

i have never been happier.

2:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See...just look at me now...munirka, and my eyes fill up. silly old woman i am. but munirka is where i left my life, or at least a piece of it. dunno when i'll go back to pick it up.maybe never...

12:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home