Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Heart VS Head : New Thoughts on an age old Debate.


In two days I have been told by 5 people that my blog is nice. I know it is just their love for me but well that is not bad. So instead of giving up on blog I think I shall continue.

I have an interesting thing to talk about. I was awtching Princess Diaries ( 2 ) and I hearJuliane Moore repeating the very cliched line to Anna Hathway " listen to you heart and not your head." Now- I have heard it in so many places. If one is an avid watcher of Hindi movies one has to hear this. Even Hollywood is not far behind in running these lines.

My question is " How does one know ?" I mean is it always possible to listen to one and distinguish it from the other. Is there some sort of an indication ? I really was confident about voices coming from my heart and those coming from my head a month back and suddenly I feel I cannot distinguish. What is even worse !! I do not recall how I used to make this distinction.

I recall vaguely a pang in the heart. But that is not indication enough. I shall use very different examples to illustrate my point and not those ones that usually are pefect situations for such dialogues to take place like calling your lover knowing fully well that the love is unreciprocated. The heart tells you to call and the head tells you that money can be wasted in better ways. My example is this one--Your heart gets tempted to take a double scoop of chocolate ice cream with more chocolate sauce when your head tells you that you are putting on way too much weight OR you do not have that extra 4 dollars. Whatever !!!

Whatever you decide to do in the end, you do it because ultimately it is your brain that sends out the request..bla bla bla....and either your hand reaches out for that second piece of heaven OR you keep eating that one scoop of ice cream. So even if the heart prompted the request, it has no powers of implementation. It is relying on its opponent fir such implementation.

So ..the point is there is nothing like " Dil ki sunna..." "Dil kabhi dhoka nahin deti "....What bakwaas !!!

If you think differently let me know...I am not an exhibitionist, so you do not have to necessarily comment here.It is delightful to hear that my blog is read. It does comes in bits and pieces.

PS - I did go to San Antonio. It did not rain. It was heavenly.

1 Comments:

Blogger KL said...

Found your blog through Debabrata's orkut side :). First entry ta porei bolte hochche bhalo blog :):) - there you go, another compliment. No, seriously.

Shall we listen to our heart or our head - that is a very complicated question, at least for me. Especially with the way the world is going now, I am getting more and more confused. For example, I hate wars and killing people and all - my heart says that wars and fightings should not be done. Then, should I have supported the war in Afghanistan or not? During that time, my heart was saying no war, my head was saying if a better society can come to Afganishtan by ousting Talliban and a better situation for women, then go for war. So whom shall I listen to if I have to make a decision?????

Yeah, keep on blogging - all our ideas and opinions count and we learn from each others views (ahem, ahem! na ekdom gyan debar cheshta korechi na :) )

10:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home