Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Blogging is not all that easy !!!

I am an eternally optimistic person and I know there will be a day when I will take exactly 5 minutes to write a blog (keeping in mind that it will be a sort of 'short posting'. But that day is NOT TODAY. Today, completely unintimidated by my previous unsuccessful attempts at writing a blog, I tried to log in.

1. Username does not exist.

2.Password Incorrect..( Tried all the passwords that I have ever used, some emabarrasing me to no end )

3.Logged in finally but it asked for a domain name..I thought that was arranged for already !!

4. Got on-line assistance from expert@blogspot.com and here I am.

5. Time taken - 1:45 mins excluding the time taken to write this blog. ( My typing speed is not bad)

There were many profound thoughts that I wished to share today on this 'hallowed space' ( I use the term 'hallowed' only in remembrance of the long hours that I took to understand the entire blogging stuff and in getting a suitable url that would satisfactorily entitle me to this space) BUT I am currently not in a position to do so.

However what I want to share, is a growing realization that I am travelling in the opposite direction as compared with the entire human civilization. They are becoming smarter on the whole and I dumber day by day..hour by hour....The one consolation is that--- I ,with my 'fast diminishing intelligence' am fortunately not thwarting that progress inspite of being part of the human race. But the realization still hurts.The second consolation is..( and this feels like there-is-light-at-the-end-of-every-tunnel-feeling )....is that maybe I was always dumb but now I am able to acknowledge that and so that may be taken as indicative of becoming smarter.

I do not dwell on the second consolation much. Two incidents do not allow me such luxury.First - In the Changi Airport, while I was using the restroom I noticed that the flush was working way too diligently without my even reaching out for it. The tissues also started rolling out automatically just as the flush stopped. Some such pattern. I realized two hours later that it was a restroom meant for the handicapped. That explained the strange look on the women's face (she was on wheel chair), whom I met just as I was leaving the restroom. Second - Even worse. Again, it has to do with restrooms. What luck ? I was in the library when this incident happened. It was my first week on campus. I headed for the restroom. After I shut it, I realized that I could not be sure that it could not be opened from outside. I tried locking the door but no matter what the setting was, the door would open just as I would turn the knob. At that point I could not be sure if (in spite of my locking it) it was secure from the outside.I spent 10 minutes on that and decided to walk back to my department and use the restroom there. Two weeks later (roughly) I found out that the blessed restroom too, was for the handicapped. All this while I kept thinking, is it not a big thing in U.S. to not have privacy in the restrooms ?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dho..wat a cute blog..i dint even know that u have started blogging..
keep it up..
mmmuah..

7:30 AM

 
Blogger Dhoritri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:59 AM

 
Blogger Dhoritri said...

Thanks yaaa...but how did you know I had one ? I mean, I just started it yesterday after overcoming immense number of technical difficulties...

11:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ei je, now it's time for your next post.

from the expert@blogspot:-)

9:21 AM

 
Blogger Kaleidoscopic said...

hahaha....nice blog dhoritri...well as ur blog suggests...not that i second it...u rightfully went to the handicapped bathroom, as u claim u r mentally handicapped...just kidding....!!

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home